Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the entry level in school?
2. What is the age criterion?
3. What is the admission procedure?
- The entry level in school is 2 years onwards (play group).
4. What is the curriculum at primary and secondary in the school?
- Those seeking admission to our school are involved in an informal and personalized process wherein we observe and interact with the child and the parents in order to make best possible decision for their placement. Parents are expected to make honest disclosure about any special need of their child at the time of admission. For senior classes the students have to write a bench mark assessment of their respective class level.
5. Is transport facility available?
- Every child is provided with a curriculum in the beginning of every month. It carries information related to syllabus, activities, dates of Periodic Assessment etc. Thus the parents as well as students are well aware about the various aspects of academics related to all the subjects well in advance.
6. What are the co- curricular activities provided in the school?
- Our buses ply all across Gurgaon. The bus routes are chalked out by the transport. In charge and parents interested in availing the transport facility need to contact the school and collect the necessary form.
7. What kind of sports activities are conducted in the school?
- To ensure that the creativity of every child gets ample exposure and platform we provide a range of co- curricular activities like music, dance, theatre, and art. We offer Work Education programme like Aerobics, Sweet melodies, Music, Cookery etc.
8. What are the special infrastructure facilities available in the school?
- At Laburnum Public School we provide a range of sports activities like skating, basketball, football, volleyball, and cricket. Our school has won accolades in sports and skating at district and national level.
9. Is the school well equipped to handle fire and other emergencies?
- The school is well equipped to meet the demands of academic, sports as well as other co-curricular needs.
10. How does the school take care of student's safety?
- Our school has a well managed and actively functional Disaster Management Cell which conducts regular training sessions and mock drills for training and sensitizing the students and teachers. Additionally, we also follow standard operative procedures in case of emergency evacuation. Furthermore, the school is well equipped with safety guards, fire-extinguishers and other safety equipments.
11. How does Laburnum Shiksha prepare a child for life?
- We have well defined standard operative procedures for ensuring the physical and emotional safety of every child.
12. Is value education an integral part of Laburnum Shiksha?
- Laburnum Public School has taken upon itself the noble mission of helping young minds to grow and learn in a homely and harmonious environment where ample opportunities are provided to the child to experiment with the truth and facts of life as it unfolds before him or her each day resulting in the all-round development of the child and thus promoting world peace through education. The institution is founded on the values of humanity, love, kindness and continuous learning.
13. How are Life Skills inculcated in the students?
- Value education is provided through every layer of school activities like school assemblies and a wide spectrum of curricular and co- curricular activities. Our teachers are provided with innovative tools like value cards, gender sensitivity cards, value kits, value plans etc. to lay strong foundation of values in the young minds.
- Through a gamut of school/class activities carried out in the school, we prepare our students for life and lifelong learning. We have a well-defined and structured Life Skills curriculum to inculcate and develop thinking, social and emotional skills in the students. There are regular periods and classes integrated in the time-table of every class for inculcation of these skills.