The student life is the most crucial and tender part of a man’s life. This is the part where he learns some life long skills and manners. The child’s brain is very innovative and grasping at this stage and thus, it gets very important to introduce him to some noble and life-changing concepts. Personality development is the chief among them.
The parents send their children to highly reputed and deemed schools not only to get physical and academic education, but for the overall development of their ward. Hence, it is the duty of parents and teachers both, to impart correct knowledge into the young minds of children and develop their personality in a concise manner.
What is Personality Development?
Let us firstly get to know what exactly personality development is? Some people just misunderstand it as a matter of one’s physique only, which is completely wrong. Personality Development refers to how various behaviors are seeded in a child’s mind and how they will grow in order to express a unique personality of the child himself. It includes all the physical, mental, psychological, spiritual traits based on which the overall personality of an individual would prosper.
We, here, are not distinguishing between personality development and academic intelligence. After all, academic education is the thing that’s going to give the child of how real world functions. The personality of an individual is an equal and healthy contribution of how the child has been brought up and what surroundings has he developed in. And that’s how the personality of a child helps in getting an overall picture of a child’s qualities.
Importance of Personality Development
Now, let’s dive into how the personality of an individual is different in every aspect and where does proper personality development lead to a child’s brain. A well carved and administrated personality would be laden with some of the noble virtues and we have listed the best of them.
- Provides Confidence To a Child – One of the major goals and advantages of personality development is that it helps in boosting self-confidence in a child. As a part of the school curriculum, the school teachers and management include such activities so as to give the child a better exposure to express themselves. The students are made to express and react among their peers at an early age and that’s how they are got ridden of stage fear and gain confidence over themselves. And this quality is very important in today’s competitive world. Before expressing your thoughts before someone else, you must firstly be clear about your thoughts and then a confident mind will take you through any presentation.
- Helps In Nurturing Communication Skills – Communication does not only refer to ‘talking to a person in physical’. It is a combined trait of how you have managed your thoughts in mind, how you will present them before other person, how you will keep the other person engaged in your conversation and what sort of positive impact do you wish to make on the listener’s mind. A great communicator must possess all these traits in an organized and concise manner so as to make the conversation impactful. And this is one skill that is needed in almost field of life, but finds the most of the applications in marketing jobs. Thus, it is very imperative for you to develop great communication skills in your child.
- A Sense of Clarity and Direction – A well-trained and well-developed personality also gives great clarity to your mind. With a clear mind, your child would know where he/she has to proceed in his/her life. What subjects interest him and how is he willing to channelize his potentials in a constructive manner. We must be aware of the fact just doing blind hard-work won’t get your child to his desired position, clarity about his career is equally needed and then only he will be able to give his efforts the right direction.
- Self-Motivation – This is one such thing that will keep your child going on throughout his entire life. There will be times in his life when he may find himself lost or discouraged and no one to support him. That will be the time when self-motivation would be there to assist him. The schools and parents try to develop this trait as a part of their personality development by encouraging them to be self-sufficient and asking them to have their tasks done by themselves.
- Developing a Feeling of Optimism – The life would not always give your child what he wants, rather he would get what he actually needs and that may not look the best at that time. At that time, your child must keep a positive attitude towards things and must try to find the best in whatever he has got. This is also an integral part of your child’s personality development and will help him see the positive side of every situation and thus, reacting accordingly.
These are a few of the enormous life changing traits that constitute the personality development of an individual.
A Student’s Personality Is a Reflection of His True Identity
As a conclusion, we would like to say that a the personality of a student is an overall outcome of what he has gone through during his whole life and what has he managed to learn out of all the resources he had. And all these contribute in a constructive manner to his personality right now. And that’s why it is the topic of major significance to pay great attention to a student’s personality development throughout his education and schooling.